Skip to content
1. Use fabric medium and acrylic paint to turn a cheap remnant rug into a custom statement piece.
2. Adhere some gold leaf to canvas pillow covers to make statement pillows.
3. Modernize your childhood dresser (or an antique thrift find) with a fresh coat of paint and new hardware.
4. Paint and frame four doormats for a faux-wood headboard.
5. Or, nail salvaged wood together for a minimal but warm headboard.
6. OR, dumpster-dive for an old door, and paint it a fun color.
7. Turn a 1×1 cubby into a sleek side table.
8. Or, screw some hairpin legs to a stained or painted crate.
9. ~Orrr~ you can build your own wooden top for your hairpin legs.
10. Cover a boring mirror with a fabric that you love.
11. Warm up your entry way with an Anthropologie-like paper flower garland.
12. Cover an ugly planter in pretty rocks for your front steps.
13. Pick out some tough fabric and sew a slipcover for a utility bucket.
14. Cover an old pallet with foam, batting, and fabric for a custom living room ottoman.
15. Or, if your small apartment can’t fit a giant pallet-sized ottoman, make one out of an old cable spool.
16. Add simple legs to an Ikea table top for a midcentury-style coffee table, if you prefer to skip the cushioned ottoman.
17. Mount a cool shower curtain on a basic wood frame for a wall-sized statement.
18. Glue old picture frames onto wooden boxes for pretty framed shadow shelves.
19. Glue felt around wooden dowels for a cheap and pretty magazine holder.
20. Recover and paint ugly cheap chairs for actually pretty guest seating.
21. Hot glue paint chips to the inside of a poster frame for a dry erase calendar that actually matches your kitchen towels.
22. Balance a marble tile on a copper pipe frame for a pretty plant stand.
23. Secure an old suitcase to a TV table for a small but stylish bar.
24. Turn a couple of Ikea pieces into a trendy drink table with some gold spray paint.
25. Tie sisal rope onto a painted board to create a simple hanging shelf
26. Upholster a piece of wood with a pretty blanket (and hairpin legs, again) for a colorful bench.
27. Turn two bowls and some concrete into a beautiful succulent planter.
28. Or, knot together some pretty mini hangers for your kitchen window.
29. Edge a simple round mirror in copper tape.
30. Or, adhere copper leaf to a framed mirror that you already own.
31. Drill holes in the side of a ceramic pot to turn your favorite pot into a hanging garden
32. Spray paint a plastic or wooden dowel with copper spray paint, then hang air plants on it.
33. Marble a vase by floating nail polish in a bowl of water.