These easy and clever bookshelves look so much cooler than anything you can buy from a store. Finding creative ways to display books can be just as alluring as any kind of art.
1. Floating Bracket Bookshelves
2. Box Shelves from Ikea, Connected with Ordinary Office Binder Clips
3. The Wall Bookmark Shelf
You could use a bracket, or buy the one pictured here for $32.
4. Ladder + Wood Bookshelves
Made with 2 ladders and planks of wood.
Or just one ladder will do for a smaller bookshelf.
5. Wallpapered Bookshelves
Click here for more details on how to make this yourself.
6. Leather Harness Hanging Bookshelf
Available for £89.00 from Rockett St. George. But you could probably also make this with some leather belts.
7. Hollowed-Out TV Bookcase
8. Another Ladder Bookshelf
Take a ladder apart and hang one side of it on the wall.
9. The Bookend Bookshelf
You can also buy this one in particular here from Umbra.com for $15.
10. Wooden Pallet Bookshelves
11. Another Example of a Wooden Pallet Bookshelf
12. Bookshelf Made from an Old Drawer
13. Industrial Pipe Shelving
This one’s available for $349 from Etsy, and the seller, Stella Blue Designs, has many variations available.
Pipe shelving can also be easily DIYed.
14. Pipe + Wood Bookshelf
15. Storage Bench
Made from pine wood, metal crates, and casters. Click here for instructions.
16. Rope Bookshelf
17. Larger, More Industrial Hanging Rope Bookshelves
18. Bookshelf from Wooden Cable Spool and Ikea Casters
19. Wine Crate Wall Shelves
20. Magazine Holder Bookshelf
You can get one of these from Ikea, $9.99 for a set of 2.
21. Pegboard Using Colored Pencils and String
22. Hanging Fabric Shelves
You’ll need 2 curtain rods, 2 double curtain rod brackets, and some fabric.
23.Ikea spice racks nailed to the sides of a dresser makes instant display bookshelves.
24. Stacked Antique Benches
25. Stained Plywood Book Display Case
Just glue some birch plywood together and stain. Click here for the tutorial.